Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: guesses please...the AG Historicals ranked by sales, popularity

  1. #21
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This little girl I sometimes babysit, Tiara, has Kit and admitted to me she'd never read her books, not even the short story ones or the Meet book she came with.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member amandajg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2004
    Posts
    407
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Poor Kirsten... [img]frown.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After reading this thread, I'm thinking that maybe I ought to be focusing on purchasing the rest of the items I want for Kirsten....I don't want to miss out on anything down the road. You never know.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I'd bet Kirsten got pushed down in popularity rather significantly when Kit came out... then there was competition between blonde historical dolls. I doubt (slash hope!) AG would never give her the Felicity treatment though... that'd be just mean!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The problem with Kirsten is that there have been no new books for her. Her short stories are all reprints from the magazine. I hope that AG brings out more Kirsten items when the LA store opens:
    For example:
    Baby sister Britta
    Blackie the horse
    Caro the dog
    A winter coat with a nordic theme
    a more festive dirndle ( if they do not re make the old one)
    a mystery book

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm gonna guess a little differently:

    1) Samantha
    2) Kit
    3) Molly
    4) Felicity
    5) Josefina
    6) Addy
    7) Kirsten
    8) Kaya

    I don't think Felicity has bumped Molly yet, and she won't until the movie comes out, and Christmas hits. Then, I imagine she may even become #2! Until Nellie hit, Josefina was the only one with her face mold, and I have to admit she is just a stunning doll. Even though we lived in Michigan at the time, and my daughter looks just like Kirsten, Josefina was her first choice. We now live in West Texas, and here, EVERYONE has Josefina!

    I'd LOVE to see the real numbers, both before and after the movie comes out in November. It would be interesting to watch the change. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I think, although my daughter wants Elizabeth stuff for Christmas, I'm tempted to buy more for her Kirsten. This is making me REALLY nervous! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lissiefan -

    Where are you in West Texas? I thought I was the only one out here in this "neck of the woods." I'm over near San Angelo.

    And I agree that Josefina is very popular down here. A lot of the American Girl books are on my daughter's school accelerated reading list, and she has the hardest time finding the Josefina ones to check out so she can test on them (even though we have several Josie books at home already).

    Linda

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 30, 2005 06:13 PM: Message edited by: LindaL ]</font>

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I definetly know I'll be ordering Kirsten's Work Dress this weekend. Everything else is tied to her stories, so I don't feel it's in as much danger of being retired. I don't think they'll retire one of the orginial three dolls, but after I get my Christmas AG stuff, I will probably go more after the Kirsten stuff on my want list then the new Felicity stuff for now. Just in case. It's bad enough eventually I'm going to shell out ebay $$$ for the drindl.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    The dirndl is absolutely worth it! I got it on eBay recently. The only way I was able to afford it was to get one that the seller claimed was stained. I still can't find the stain, lol. You can also get it in pieces. You know get the vest and skirt together, and find the blouse and kerchief separately. It's 100% worth it [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member CasualAGFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2005
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Originally posted by Pat B:
    The problem with Kirsten is that there have been no new books for her. Her short stories are all reprints from the magazine. I hope that AG brings out more Kirsten items when the LA store opens:
    For example:
    Baby sister Britta
    Blackie the horse
    Caro the dog
    A winter coat with a nordic theme
    a more festive dirndle ( if they do not re make the old one)
    a mystery book
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those are all wonderful ideas! AG people, I know you're out there lurking somewhere. As not a huge Kirsten fan myself(her clothes are too simple for my taste, even though I know they're very historically accurate, and I didn't connect with her stories the way I did with Samantha, Felicity, Kit, and Josefina), giving her a larger collection and more character development could definately make give her a second look. There could be lots of story possiblities of a mystery set on the Midwestern frontier in the 1850s.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •